The answer CHARYBDIS has 20 possible clues. See the results below.
- Big Eddy’s cautious, beady eyes (listening to me)
- Careful — heartless fellow is a monster!
- Sea monster of Greek myth able to make whirlpools
- Cautious, approaching infernal place occupied by black monster
- Whirlpool opposite Scylla
- Monster from hell approached by cautious bishop
- See 10-Down
- Cautious bids ordered — it was dangerous for old sailors
- Hard to avoid a wrecking with Biscay, a legendary shipping hazard
- Underworld previously guarded by black monster
Last seen in:
- The Times - Cryptic - Times Cryptic No 27771
- The Guardian - Cryptic crossword No 28,037 - Jan 23 2020
- The Telegraph - GK CROSSWORD NO: 1,391 - Jul 28 2019
- The Guardian - Cryptic crossword No 27,602 - Aug 30 2018
- The Times - Concise - Times Concise Jumbo No 1335
- Wall Street Journal - Mar 29 2017 - What Are You Looking At?
- The Telegraph - GK CROSSWORD NO: 1,267 - Mar 12 2017
- The Telegraph - QUICK CROSSWORD NO: 28,065 - Mar 18 2016
- The Times - Cryptic - Times Cryptic 26079 - April 22, 2015
- Eugene Sheffer - King Feature Syndicate - Apr 23 2013