The answer WARBRIDE has 9 possible clues. See the results below.
- *Many a military spouse
- A new wife in a state that doesn't bespeak peace?
- Result of engagement in battle?
- How crude is that? In retrospect, someone gave her away, as her new husband is away fighting!
- Winning her, one had "trouble and strife"?
- Her partner served for the match
- A trip round Britain with wife one married after some hostility
- Cary Grant played a male one in 1949
- One getting married after action-packed engagement?
Last seen in:
- The Telegraph - CRYPTIC CROSSWORD NO: 29,429 - Jul 30 2020
- The Telegraph - TOUGHIE CROSSWORD NO: 2,046 - Jun 28 2018
- L.A. Times Daily - Mar 29 2017
- The Washington Post - Mar 29 2017
- Irish Times (Crosaire) - Mar 2 2016
- The Times - Cryptic - Times Saturday 25305 - October 27, 2012
- The Times - Cryptic - Times Cryptic 25214 - July 13, 2012
- The Times - Cryptic - Times Saturday 25185 - June 9, 2012
- New York Times - Mar 27 2008
- The Times - Cryptic - Times Cryptic 23752 - November 7, 2007